Job Description: The organizing intern will help the field organizer run a successful grassroots campaign with the goal of preserving and broadening access to reproductive health care across the commonwealth. The intern will help execute and participate in campaign events, recruit and coordinate volunteers, and assist with data entry.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours a week
Responsible to: Field Organizer
- Support Planned Parenthood's mission
- A strong and proven commitment to progressive values and civic engagement, especially within traditionally underrepresented communities and youth
- Have excellent communication and writing skills
- Proven interest in one or more of these areas: Virginia politics, healthcare access, grassroots organizing, reproductive justice or progressive issue-based campaigns.
- Available and willing to work some weekday evenings and weekends
- Outgoing, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Able to provide at least 2 references