Temporary Campaign Organizer
Fight Back Campaign
Planned Parenthood Advocates of Virginia is hiring a staff person to fill the role of Temporary Campaign Organizer.
Primary Function/Position Summary:
This position will grow a base of supporters, and build power for the reproductive justice movement. The organizers will work with Planned Parenthood’s existing infrastructure to develop, execute and amplify campaign plans in the assigned region. The ideal candidate is high-energy, thrives in a fast-paced work environment, learns quickly, can think on their feet, has a strong commitment to racial and gender equity, and a passion for social change.
This program is tentatively scheduled to run through December 31, 2017.
Developing, executing and amplifying local campaign plan
Recruiting new volunteers and supporters
Assisting with internal communications regarding field activities, including reports, newsletters, and updates to senior staff
Specific qualifications include:
Successful experience recruiting new volunteers and supporters to an organization
Strong commitment to meeting deadlines and showing progress towards goals
Curiosity around new ways of organizing, using data, and building infrastructure for a long-term movement
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to use personal stories to explain why you organize
Access to a vehicle
Ideal candidates will have experience with at least four of the following:
Local organizing in the city where you are applying to work
Holding others responsible to quantitative and qualitative goals
At least one big campaign victory on campus or in your local community – as a volunteer or staff
At least one cycle as a volunteer or staff doing field organizing on an electoral campaign
Leading canvasses or phone banks
Working in diverse communities and proven success in managing a coalition and/or developing and leveraging local partner relationships
Working knowledge of VAN, Excel, a computer language, or another tool for data management
- 1-3 years of organizing experience
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line TEMPORARY CAMPAIGN ORGANIZER
- Support Planned Parenthood's mission
- A strong and proven commitment to progressive values and civic engagement, especially within traditionally underrepresented communities and youth
- Have excellent communication and writing skills
- Proven interest in one or more of these areas: Virginia politics, healthcare access, grassroots organizing, reproductive justice or progressive issue-based campaigns.
- Available and willing to work some weekday evenings and weekends
- Outgoing, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Able to provide at least 2 references