Even though you’re snowed in, there is plenty you can do to support women’s health during the 2014 legislative session. Click on the links below to join the Virginia Pro-Choice Coalition in fighting for reproductive freedom during our (Snow) Day of Action!
Make phone calls:
- Make phone calls urging pro-women's health Virginians in critical districts to contact their legislators in support of Medicaid Expansion. Join our virtual phone bank right now by contacting Michelle Woods. She can get you set up over the phone!
Contact your Legislators:
- On Tuesday the Virginia Senate voted to pass SB 617, pro-choice legislation to repeal Virginia’s mandatory ultrasound law! It’s incredibly important that we contact our Senators now to hold them accountable for their vote on this critical bill. Find out how your state Senator voted on SB 617, then either thank them or contact them to express your disappointment!
- Now that SB 617 has advanced through the Virginia Senate, it will head to a hearing of the House Courts of Justice Committee. Tell House committee members to support SB 617 and repeal mandatory ultrasound!
Sign the petition to expand Medicaid access:
- As part of our Day of Action, we are calling on Virginia lawmakers to expand Medicaid and provide quality, affordable health coverage to nearly 400,000 uninsured Virginians. Access to health insurance will improve lives and ensure that hundreds of thousands of Virginia women receive critical preventative care like birth control and cancer screenings. Sign our petition and tell Virginia lawmakers to expand Medicaid now! Help us meet our goal of 1000 supporters!
Join the conversation online:
- At 1pm on Thursday, February 13th, the Virginia Pro-Choice Coalition will hold a tweet chat to highlight the amazing pro-choice work happening across the Commonwealth. Have questions about the state of women’s health in Virginia or want to learn more about our legislative outlook in 2014? Sign on to twitter & follow the hashtag #4healthVA to join the conversation!
- Let your friends & family know you’re standing for women’s health during the 2014 (Snow) Day of Action! Ask your Facebook friends to join in on the fun!
Write a letter to the editor:
- Writing a letter to the editor of your local paper is one of the most effective ways to advocate for women’s health – and spread the word about critical pro-women's health bills! See here for tips and tricks on writing LTEs, as well as a list of local papers in your area!
** Richmond specifics: The reception with LG Northam, Governor's Mansion tours, and the Reproductive Health Caucus happy hour have all been postponed until next week. Stay tuned for more details!
Virginia Pro-Choice Coalition